Last Updated on Tuesday, 22 July 2014 10:06
Tuesday, 22 July 2014 10:02
Last Updated on Tuesday, 22 July 2014 07:17
Friday, 18 July 2014 16:36
UPDATE ON ADVISORY ON TYPHOON RAMMASUN (GLENDA)
Per the latest report of the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC), at a meeting chaired by President Benigno Aquino III on 15 July 2014, the NDRRMC gave the following updates:
- The Office of Civil Defense reported that 31,000 families in Albay, Sorsogon, Catbalogan and Tacloban were evacuated;
- 2,064 schools all over the country have been designated as evacuation centres;
- Local government units were expected to provide periodic reports on demographics, number of evacuees, food availability;
- DSWD ensure Caite to Tondo portions opent to Manila bay had pre-emptive evacuation of residents;
- At least 135,982 households in the municipalities that were considered to be highly susceptible to flood waters were evacuated;
All government agencies were instructed by the President to ensure compliance to directives on calamity protection in the thematic areas of resilience, preparedness, response and recovery. All Local Government Unites were briefed on courses of action and the need to report periodically.
Typhoon Glenda left 54 dead, 100 injured and 3 missing. A total of 167,293 families or 882,326 individuals were affected.
Read more: UPDATE ON ADVISORY ON TYPHOON RAMMASUN (GLENDA)
Friday, 18 July 2014 16:36
Returned Voters’ IDs for the 2013 National Elections
Attached is a list of voters whose Voters’ IDs were returned to COMELEC and/or whose ballots for the 2013 National Elections were returned by mail as they have changed residential addresses. These voters may claim their IDs by:
- Personally appearing at the Office for Overseas Voting (OFOV), 7th Floor, Palacio del Gobernador Building, Intramuros, Manila;
- Issuing a written authorization to their representatives who may personally claim their voters’ IDs; and
- Contacting OFOV at telephone nos. +(63) (2) 521-29-52 or 522-22-51, Email Address:
to relay their preference on the above two (2) options. The voters concerned may also request OFOV that they collect the voters’ ID at the Consulate.
These overseas voters are further advised to accomplish the “Change of Entries” form at the Consulate, so that their residential addresses could be updated accordingly.
Philippine Consulate General, Sydney
16 July 2014
Friday, 18 July 2014 16:33
PHL Consulate General in Sydney Holds Lecture on Apolinario Mabini’s Role in PHL Revolution
The Philippine Consulate General in Sydney, in cooperation with the Order of the nights of Rizal (OKOR), organized a lecture as part of the Consulate General’s activities to commemorate the 150th birth anniversary of Apolinario Mabini on July 5.
Entitled “When God Provided the Weapon: From Rizal’s La Liga Filipina to Bonifacio’s Katipunan to Mabini and the Revolution-1892 to 1898 and beyond”, the lecture by Professor Floro Quibuyen covered the Philippine Revolution and the roles of heroes Jose Rizal, Andres Bonifacio and Apolinario Mabini in the struggle for independence. According to Professor Quibuyen, Rizal inspired Bonifacio, who began and organized the armed resistance against the Spaniards, and Mabini, who provided the structure for a revolutionary government under Aguinaldo
Read more: PHL Consulate General in Sydney Holds Lecture on Apolinario Mabini’s Role in PHL Revolution
Last Updated on Friday, 18 July 2014 16:30
Friday, 18 July 2014 16:01
FILIPINOS IN NEW SOUTH WALES MARK THE 116th ANNIVERSARY OF THE PROCLAMATION OF PHILIPPINE INDEPENDENCE WITH 15 EVENTS
Filipinos in New South Wales (NSW) commemorated the 116th Anniversary of the Proclamation of Philippine Independence with a total of 15 activities throughout June 2014 kicking off on June 1st in Bathurst and ending on June 30th in Gosford. The activities included Independence Day Balls, a golf tournament, flag-raising ceremonies and cultural programs organised by Filipino community groups in cooperation with local city councils.
Read more: FILIPINOS IN NEW SOUTH WALES MARK THE 116th ANNIVERSARY OF THE PROCLAMATION OF PHILIPPINE INDEPENDENCE WITH 15 EVENTS
Last Updated on Friday, 18 July 2014 10:26
Monday, 07 July 2014 14:54