Registration of the Overseas Marriage of a Filipino
- Two (2) original duly accomplished Report of Marriage forms (available at the Consulate or online)
- Original and four photocopies of the following:
a. Marriage Certificate issued by the NSW Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages. For further information, contact:
NSW Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages
35 Regent St. Chippendale NSW 2008
Telephone 1300 655 236
b. Filipino applicant's passport
c. Filipino applicant's Philippine Birth Certificate
d. Spouse's passport or driver's license (if not a Filipino)
e. A non-refundable fee to be paid either in cash or postal money order payable to the “Philippine Consulate General”.
- Refer to Schedule of Fees.
- If the applicant has had a previous marriage, the following additional requirements apply. If the Filipino applicant was widowed and/or has a dissolved previous marriage, the original and four photocopies must be submitted, where applicable:
- If the Filipino applicant was widowed and/or has a dissolved previous marriage, the original and four photocopies of the following, where applicable:
- If the Filipino applicant is widowed, National Statistics Office (NSO)-authenticated Death Certificate of deceased spouse and the NSO-issued Marriage Certificate.
- If the Filipino applicant has an annulled previous marriage, the NSO-authenticated Marriage Contract duly annotated by the Civil Registry
- If the Filipino applicant is divorced, authenticated copy of divorce decree. It is important to note that for a divorce decree to be valid in the Philippines, the petitioner for divorce should be the non-Filipino spouse.
Note: If inconsistencies appear in the records, additional documents may be required to validate details.