Persons applying for a transit visa for the Philippines must lodge their application in person at the Philippine Consulate. In cases where distance makes it difficult for the applicant to travel to the Consulate, the visa application may be lodged by mail. In such cases, the accomplished visa application form and passport photograph must be noted by a Justice of the Peace, the visa fee payment must be in the form of a postal money order, and a self-address Registered Post envelope must be provided by the sender.
The transit period is limited to seventy-two (72) hours. The requirements for a transit visa are the following:
- Passport with a minimum validity of six months beyond applicant's intended date of departure from the Philippines;
- Duly accomplished Visa application form;
- Passport Photo (white background) taken within 6 months on the date of application;
- Confirmed tickets/flight schedule for return or onward journey to the next port of destination; and
- A non-refundable visa fee to be paid either in cash or postal money order payable to the “Philippine Consulate General in Sydney”. Refer to Schedule of Fees.